“Project Management for the Real World”, by Joseph PHILLIPS
Because there is a big difference between theory and practice and because I am looking to boost my project management career , I followed this training given by Joseph PHILLIPS “Real World Project Management: Become a Better Project Manager“, via UDEMY‘s website.
Taught by project management expert and best-selling project management author Joseph Phillips. The course is based on more than twenty years as a project management consultant, educator, and author. In this class you’ll learn:
Project Management for the Real World is the focus of this course. It’s a class that’s designed for how to successfully implement project management in real-world scenarios. This isn’t an exam-prep class, but a project management class to boost your role as a project manager.
- Predictive and Agile project management approaches
- Roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Why some projects are successful and others projects fail
- How to gain consensus on project goals
- Kickoff Meeting guidelines for new projects
- How to estimate time and work with deadlines
- Budgeting tips and tricks for all project sizes
- Managing project risks
- How to communicate effectively – even with bad news
- And much more…